Search This Blog

Radio Guy Tees

Radio Guy Tees
Radio Guy T-Shirts

Thursday 14 May 2015

They call it the Magic Band....

Well,

Been messing about today on 6M. There have been quite a few openings over the past few days due to Sporadic E. This was the sporatic e cloud map from DX Maps earlier today:


The numbers in the boxes represent the MUF (Maximum Usable Frequency). This is the resultant QSO map:


How did I do? I worked a lot of stations in and around Europe, my best being 5B4AAB (Cyprus) and 4X4DK (Israel); both contacts must have been multi-hop Es. You can see the spots for 4X4 and 5B4 on the map above. I was particularly delighted to work 4X4DK as G3OCA was calling him and I was the one that bust the pileup! Ken, as usual, had a spectacularly bad signal that was half a mile off frequency. I was unlucky enough to spend some time with 3OCA when I used to go to the Nunsfield House Amateur Radio Group - he is the most arrogant man I have ever met.

This is my all-time 6M log converted to a map:


I am a member of the UKSMG (UK Six Meter Group), and they run a summer marathon on 6M. Here's the log table (before anyone else uploaded today!):


The only thing that I can guarantee is that I won't stay second for long!

good fun, egh?

*** Update ***

Christian SWL in JN77sn has sent me an Audio file of my transmissions from earlier today, take a listen:

Audio File

No comments:

Post a Comment