Search This Blog

Radio Guy Tees

Radio Guy Tees
Radio Guy T-Shirts

Sunday 10 November 2013

Over the Pond (Again)

Well,

I left my TS-590 running WSPR last night on Top Band, here are the results as a map:


So the crazy antenna that I made back here:

http://g0mgx.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/top-band-what-happens-there-then.html

Is still working fine.

I'm wondering if I could convert the antenna for the even lower bands by changing the inductor - the answer is, of course, that I can. However, the efficiency of the antenna will be further reduced as the frequency decreases. I think I need to understand the maths behind the efficiency calculations before I do anything too hasty.

Here's the new Ham Cat helping out yesterday. I have a full week off work so have some plans for some insanity in the shack... watch this space.


Interesting, egh?

No comments:

Post a Comment