Search This Blog

Radio Guy Tees

Radio Guy Tees
Radio Guy T-Shirts

Tuesday 1 October 2013

So, How's the sig gen?

Well,

You may recall the bench Signal Generator that I started here:

http://g0mgx.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/bench-sig-gen-any-bright-ideas.html

I also stated that I would try and find a case for the project at the HamFest; well I came home with something but it's just not quite right.... anyhow, I've found an old plastic case with a missing front (soon to be rear) panel. Here's what I've done with it:


So I've made a lash up power supply and stuck it in a box. Not made such a bad job of the rectangular cut-out needed for the display:


I need to try and find some kind of plastic see-through something or other to go in front of the readout, I also really should screen the RF parts of the circuit. I figured I could do that with more of the copper boards I have used to construct the electronics on.

The output is nice and clean:


And whilst not perfect by any means, the harmonic content is very minimal:



Geddy Cat is very pleased that I am home, he isn't allowed in the shack when I am away and his favourite sleeping spot is currently on top of the printer. He doesn't help much:


He is, however, the best cat in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment