Search This Blog

Radio Guy Tees

Radio Guy Tees
Radio Guy T-Shirts

Friday 18 January 2013

The Old Dog is Up and Running

Well,

Following my last post about the FT-1000MP Mark V I found, I've managed to purchase a SMPS from eBay. This PSU has 2 x 15V @ 15A and 2 x 14V @ 15A; as SMPS are good in series it wasn't hard to manufacture a replacement for the FP-29!


It even fits in the FP-29 case!

The radio is working FB:


There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the radio itself. The PSU is a bit noisy and running a little warm - I will keep my eyes open for an alternative, in the meantime I'll stick it up on a shelf and run the cable to the radio.

I want to use this instead of the IC-7410 I have here, it will be employed for AFSK type digital modes mainly - and as a second radio to my FT-5000 RTTY contest machine!

Not bad, egh?

No comments:

Post a Comment