Search This Blog

Radio Guy Tees

Radio Guy Tees
Radio Guy T-Shirts

Tuesday 9 October 2012

It's a busy place 30M!

Well,

Been fiddling with wire antennas again over the weekend. Decided to make a good old-fashioned dipole for 30M.

Here is the dullest photograph ever:


But you can, at least, see that when I say an old-fashioned dipole, I really do mean two bits of wire with coax in the middle.

Now, over the last 24 hours I have left one of the radios WSPRing on 30M, here is the general map of the time period:


looks like a very busy place 30M WSPR!

And here is the map showing just people I am hearing or people who are hearing me (or both!):


So, it very much looks like my two bits of wire are working well! Now, looking in detail at the unique contacts involving my callsign, we find this:


Now, the two contacts to VK land (Australia), seem to be between 7 and 8 AM and also 7 and 8 PM; now that just about during the transition between day and night (or vice versa) so I just wonder if there is some grey line influence here?

What do you recon?

Fun though, egh?

No comments:

Post a Comment