Search This Blog

Radio Guy Tees

Radio Guy Tees
Radio Guy T-Shirts

Tuesday 23 October 2012

A Bit More of a Power Struggle

Well,

What a palavar! You remember the Power Meter project from here:

http://g0mgx.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/i-wonder-how-much-power-is-there.html

and here:

http://g0mgx.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/a-bit-of-power-struggle.html

well, I ordered the strange surface mount resistors I needed that were 52.3 ohms from Farnel. They have a £20 minimum order value so I bought all sorts of other stuff that I didn't really need; they arrived today and I have completely goofed over the type I have ordered. The ones that arrived today are so small, you need a magnifying glass to even see the component on a white piece of paper! They are less than 0.5mm long - no use to me and my soldering iron at all!

I've nearly finished the power supply for the project today and the main board is also now fully populated - the PSU just needs a mains input on the back:



The power supply is in a case I found in a really neat shop in the centre of Derby called RF Potts; they sell all sorts of great electronic bits and bobs in there; so this Verobox was £1.90 (so I bought 5!):


Here's the main board:


So, progress is slow and steady! I've emailed the project designer today to ask what type the LCD display needs to be - I'm sure it'll be a HD4470 compatible, but it would be nice to know for sure - the less unknowns in these scenarios the better!

Looking good though, egh?

No comments:

Post a Comment