Search This Blog

Radio Guy Tees

Radio Guy Tees
Radio Guy T-Shirts

Saturday 28 July 2012

QRSSing Again

Well, a while ago I stumbled upon a kit of parts here:

http://www.hanssummers.com/qrsskitmm.html

I thought it looked rather fun. The kit arrived the other day and it's a very simple bit of equipment all based around a single processor. The link above will give you details of all the different modes et cetera that the kit can produce, but here's the finished version of mine:


It's in a ridiculously large box which mainly contains fresh air, but I had the enclosure here anyhow so figured I may as well use it. I've built a power supply out of bits from the junk box.




The first time I plugged it in I had the electrolytic capacitor the wrong way round in the power supply; it exploded with quite a bang! So I replaced that and all is now well.

Cat's not impressed as normal:

All good fun though, egh?

No comments:

Post a Comment